TikTok, the Chinese-owned video app that has become an internet sensation over the last few years, is to host its own world cup tournament at the end of this year. The competition, which has been dubbed the “TikTok World Cup”, will take place in November 2022.
TikTok is an app created by China's ByteDance. It was launched in September 2017 and quickly became one of the most downloaded apps in the US. Its name comes from "tiku", which means 'to dance' in Mandarin. TikTok allows users to make short videos of themselves lip-syncing or dancing to music. They can then share them with friends, family, and others via the app.
What is a hashtag?
A hashtag is a word or phrase with no spaces or punctuation that is preceded by a ‘#' symbol. Some examples are: (sociallyinfused.com)
Hashtags were originally created to help people organize content by topic. Instagram and Facebook don't have eyes, so they can't see images, but they could use tags to identify them.
Hashtags are a tool used to describe your post to platforms so people can easily find what they want.
How to use hashtags on TikTok?
The best way to use hashtags on TikTok is to think about the audience you're targeting when creating your posts. Who would be interested in seeing your post? You might also consider the type of post you're making. Are you posting pictures? Videos? Quotes? Then choose a relevant hashtag for each. For example, if you're posting quotes, you may want to use quote hashtags like quoteoftheday, quotesoftheweek, etc. If you're posting pictures, you may want to tag them with specific keywords, such as nature, travel, food, etc. If you’re posting videos, you may want to include hashtags related to those topics as well. You can even create your own hashtags! Just keep in mind that it’s important not to spam your followers by using too many hashtags.
Another thing to remember is that some hashtags are more popular than others. Hashtag trends change frequently, so it’s always good to check out the latest ones before you start sharing. Also, try to avoid using very common hashtags, because they’ll likely get lost among all the other posts. Instead, look for unique ones that only a small group of people know about. This will ensure that your post gets seen.
So how do you select a great hashtag? Here are a few tips:
1. Choose a hashtag that describes your post. If you’ve got a picture, maybe use naturephotography. If you’d like to talk about your trip, maybe go with travelgram. If you’ll be talking about fashion, maybe go with fashioninspire.
2. Make sure your hashtag includes words that are easy to search for. For instance, if you’re going to be posting about traveling, try to include the keyword travel, or perhaps something like vacation.
3. Avoid including any offensive language. If you’r tagging someone who uses racial slurs, or anything else that’s considered inappropriate, you risk being banned.
4. Don’t forget to add the sign after the hashtag. Without it, it won’t appear in searches.
5. Use a mix of new and old hashtags. New hashtags mean less competition, while older ones mean more. So if you’re looking for a trending hashtag, make sure you’re adding it to your list.
How to find TikTok hashtags that are trending?
You can find the most popular hashtags in two ways:
1. Look at the top-ranking hashtags in the App Store. The first page of results shows the most popular apps, which means the most popular hashtags.
2. Check out the most popular hashtags on Twitter. There, you’ll find hashtags that have been tweeted the most recently. These tend to be the most popular, but not necessarily the most useful.
Both methods work pretty well, but there's one problem: They don't show the newest hashtags. To see the most recent ones, you'll need to dig deeper into the data. Luckily, this isn't hard to do.
First, open up Google Trends. In the upper right corner, click on "Explore." From here, you can sort the data by date, popularity, or location. Clicking on the button next to the word "Trend" will give you the most recent trends. Now, just scroll down until you see what you're looking for.
If you'd rather stick to an app, then head over to Instagram. On the home screen, tap the three dots at the bottom left side of the screen. Select "Search," enter a hashtag, and voila! You'll be able to see the most popular hashtags from within the app itself.
Another thing you can do is look for the most popular videos on TikTok and analyze the hashtags used in those videos. This will more than likely be the overall most popular hashtags on TikTok.
Hashtags Are Not Optional Anymore!
You may not realize it, but hashtagging has become an integral part of our lives. And if you don’t believe me, just look around you. And yet, even though they are becoming increasingly important, we still don’t really understand exactly what hashtags are, or what they mean. It's important to note that not everyone agrees on how many hashtags you should use.
Some say between 1 and 4 per post, others say 5 or 6. There are pros and cons to using different numbers of hashtags, but here are some things to keep in mind when deciding how many you want to use:
If you only have 1 hashtag, it might not get enough exposure.
If you have too many, it could be confusing to users.
Using too few hashtags could lead people to miss your video entirely.
So before you start making posts, decide how many hashtags you want to use, and practice with that number.
The overall objective is to understand the audience you are trying to reach and make each hashtag you use relevant to that audience.
our text here...